[conlang_learners] [conlang learners] Tokana

Paul Roser pkroser57 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 10:53:56 PDT 2009

2009/7/9 Jim Henry <jimhenry1973 at gmail.com>

>>* Does anyone know what the status of Matt Pearson's Tokana is? There is an*>
> If you manage to get a hold of the full PDF grammar (and lexicon?),
> could you post a review of it here?  I've been looking at the small
> amount of the grammar that's online, and it's nowhere near complete
> enough for us to use for this project; but I remember being impressed
> with it when I looked at it some years ago, when more of the grammar
> was online.

I've written Matt to see if there's a more up-to-date version as well
as a lexicon, and also to see if he'd be available to answer questions
we might have.

There are at least two fairly complete grammars on line at

<http://mpearson.narod.ru/tok.toc.html>

and at

<http://cs-people.bu.edu/dgd/tokana/tok.toc.html>

which appear to be mirrors of the same grammar, and look fairly
complete. If you're looking at the grammar he had up at the UCLA site,
I think that he never finished that version.

Once I hear from Matt and get an updated grammar/lexicon I'll write up
a quick summary and report back to the list.

Paul