[conlang_learners] Tokana, Itlani, Vabungula...

Jim Henry jimhenry1973 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 18:37:27 PDT 2009

2009/6/12 Paul Roser <pkroser57 at gmail.com>:

> Does anyone know what the status of Matt Pearson's Tokana is? There is an

If you manage to get a hold of the full PDF grammar (and lexicon?),
could you post a review of it here?  I've been looking at the small
amount of the grammar that's online, and it's nowhere near complete
enough for us to use for this project; but I remember being impressed
with it when I looked at it some years ago, when more of the grammar
was online.

I've also been looking at Ashucky's Laefèvælisi.   What there is of
its grammar is intriguing, especially the case system, and I like its
phonology; the long poem in the conlang on the website is good
evidence for its completeness, but it's way too under-documented at
present for us to use for this project.

Jim Hopkins' Itlani is certainly well enough developed for people to
learn, since Jim Hopkins is reportedly very fluent in his conlang; but
I'm not sure if there are any lessons or grammar online.  The
itlani.org website is gone, apparently, and the darned ephemeral ZBB
has aged off and deleted the Itlani lessons that apparently were
posted there a few years ago.  The links on the Learners' Shortlist
page just go to a couple of pages with Itlani texts, but with no
grammar information at all.

I'm looking at Bill Price's Vabungula again, which is better
documented than the above-mentioned conlangs, and will post a review
of it here in a few days.  (I'll be out of town Friday and Saturday.)

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry