[conlang_learners] Conlang Learners Vote list

Padraic Brown elemtilas at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 11:48:52 PDT 2009

--- On Mon, 8/31/09, Amanda Babcock Furrow <langs at quandary.org> wrote:

> > Indeed! In other words, she might be willing, but
> probably can not commit
> > herself. She disappears for the school term, only to
> reappear like a
> > Teonim city rising from the sea mists when you least
> expect it!
>
> Maybe Teonaht would be a better bet for later, if we choose
> one to study next summer, for example?

When I will probably say precisely the same things: Teonaht is well worth learning; but its conlanger will undoubtedly be engaged in preparing for a new term, etc, etc.

> She mentioned once (albeit years ago) that there is a great
> deal of
> paper documentation of Teonaht which never made it
> online.  If there
> were a way of seeing that...

Sure. You can visit Sally at home and paw through her old notebooks dating all the way back to her teenagehood! ;))))

> Was it Sally who related a dream on Conlang, years ago in
> the 1990s, in
> which a heretofore unknown rich uncle had built a city or
> village and
> hired a corps of actors to populate it and speak her
> language? :)  We'll
> be making that dream come true for someone.

I don't recall the discussion and can't find a reference in the archives. Dreams have been discussed many times, and if she had such a dream, it would indeed be nice to sort of make it come true for sòme conlang!

Padraic