[conlang_learners] khanjis in Sambahsa

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:03:10 PDT 2009

2009/8/4 Olivier Simon <cafaristeir at yahoo.com>:
> After a review of Japanese and Mandarin, I've considerably extended the
> number of Sambahsa "khanjis":
> http://sambahsa.pbworks.com/Khanjis-in-Sambahsa

Again, I would recommend that you use traditional characters if you're
going to use characters from both Japanese and Chinese.

Specifically, I would suggest that you make at least these replacements:

狭 : angh --> 狹

会 : association --> 會

湾 : bukht --> 灣

猫 : cat --> 貓

挟 : constrineg --> 挾

歯 : dent --> 齒

争 : dispute --> 爭

黄 : gehlb --> 黃

亀 : ghelon --> 龜

鹤 : gur(an) --> 鶴 (ch.!)

虫 : insect --> 蟲

寿 : jumiung --> 壽

為 : kay --> 爲

宝 : kuzd --> 寶

国 : land --> 國

恋 : liubh --> 戀

沢 : muraisch --> 澤

万 : myrya --> 萬

来 : niebst --> 來

数 : numer --> 數

双 : pair --> 雙

党 : partise --> 黨

円 : pieng --> 圓

画 : pineg --> 畫

浅 : plask --> 淺

旧 : prever --> 舊

奥 : profund --> 奧

塩 : sald --> 鹽

独 : saul --> 獨

糸 : sayeto --> 絲

鲛 : shamyu --> 鮫 (ch.!)

鉄 :  sider --> 鐵

体 : sieune --> 體

断 : sigwra --> 斷

静 : silent --> 靜

横 : (s)keng --> 橫

駅 : station --> 驛

殴 : (s)tuned --> 毆

黒 : sword --> 黑

触 : touche --> 觸

声 : voc --> 聲

圧 : waurg --> 壓

学 : woida --> 學

阳   : yang --> 陽 (ch.!)

禅 : zen --> 禪

The ones marked "(ch.!)" are particularly surprising, since they are
simplified Chinese rather than Japanese abbreviations.

If you want to unify your characters to Japanese rather than to
traditional (common CJKV) characters, then just convert the characters
thus marked; for those cases, the Japanese happens to use the
traditional character unsimplified.

Another note: 食 is both "edd" and "pieut"; you might want to fix that.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>